Inspired by the changing season, leaves falling and.... bourbon, we wanted to create another original cocktail combining some of the flavors we love like apples and maple syrup. We also wanted to play with fire again LOL We hope you enjoy. As always, if you make any of our drinks, take a picture and share them with us online! Instagram ---> @ staynfocusimages
This makes 2 drinks. Let's get started!
Here's what you need:
2 Dried Apple Slices
2 tbsp Sugar in the Raw or any granulated sugar
4 oz. Maple Bourbon
4 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
2 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
2 oz. Simple Syrup
2 tbsp Apple Butter
You will also need, A couple wood chips (we used Apple Hickory wood chips), Lighter or Torch, a mixing glass, mixing spoon, sealable mason jar, strainer and air fryer, oven or dehydrator for garnish.
Let's Make the Garnish!
So, you can either purchase dried apple slices to save some time or you can DIY it! Here's what we did with the air fryer.
- Slice an apple thinly. We used Envy apples for this.
- Place a few slices in the airfryer, try not to overlap slices too much.
- Choose the lowest heat setting available and set timer for 40-50 minutes.
- Check on the slices periodically to ensure they are drying out evenly.
- When dried sufficiently, removed and dip one half quickly in lemon juice or water then dip in your granulated sugar.
- Hit the sugar with your lighter or torch to caramelize the sugar.
- Set aside.
Let's Make the Drink!
- In mixing glass, add 4 oz. Maple Bourbon and Apple Butter (you can find this in peanut butter aisle, or make your own)
- Stir gently for 10-15 seconds and set aside.
- Grab your lighter/torch again and light one of the hickory chips and cover with your mason jar.
- As the flame extinguishes and jar fills with smoke, seal the jar closed (without chip inside).
- Now as quickly as possibly, remove the lid from the smoked out mason jar and pour in the bourbon mixture from step 1.
- Reseal the mason jar.
- Grab your mixing glass that is now empty, don't clean it but add 4 oz. lemon juice, 2 oz. lime juice and 2 oz. simple syrup. Stir.
- Now, grab your tumblers, fill about half way with ice.
- First pour the contents from the mixing glass (lemon juice, lime juice and simple syrup) evenly between the two glasses.
- Next pour the smoked apple butter bourbon mixture evenly between the two glasses.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Add Garnish.
- Find a good spot on your couch and ENJOY!
"The trees are about to show us how lovely it is to let dead things go."